Vocational Training Opportunites Scheme
VTOS is a programme that gives unemployed adults the opportunity to return to full time education without losing their benefits.
VTOS applicants must be:
· Aged 21 or over
· Unemployed for at least 6 months
· In receipt of Social Welfare benefit or credits for at least 6 months
· In receipt of One Parent Family Allowance
· In receipt of Disability Allowance
· In receipt of Disability Benefit
Facts you should know
Take up the VTOS challenge and immediately the benefits are:
· Getting back to education
· Payments equal to your Social Welfare benefits plus €31.80 allowance if more than 312 days on Job Seekers’ Assistance, Job Seekers’ Benefit, Disability Benefit Allowance or one Parent Family Allowance.
· Meal and Travel allowance
· Book loan system and free materials
· You may be eligible for a crèche allowance
After VTOS, your long term bonuses can be:
· Being part of the mainstream marketplace
· An increased range of lifestyle options
· Perhaps further education
· Skill acquisition
What does the programme involve?
· Approximately thirty hours a week
· It is possible to get certification in subjects for the Junior Certificate, Leaving Certificate, City and Guilds, FETAC, or other suitable qualifications.
What kind of courses are on offer?
· FIT (Fast-track Into Technology)
· Foundation Courses
· Post Leaving Certificate Courses
· Repeat Leaving Certificate Course (1 Year)
· Two-Year Leaving Certificate Courses
There are also a range of specific skills courses available in a wide range of subject areas e.g. Business, Computers, Languages, Art and Design etc.
If you want further information just contact your local VTOS Co-ordinator (see list) or CDVEC Head Office at (01) 6680614 or visit www.cdvec.ie